Una nueva entrada! Finalmente!
Hola todos y todas, que tal??
This finally felt like a SMU semester for me.
Coming back to school on Sundays starts again. I kinda like it actually.
I was in school last sunday, which is yesterday, from 12pm till like 9pm. What shocked me was that, I saw exchange students in school at that time as well!!! What the hell are these Europeans and Americans doing in school on a Sunday when they are on an exchange?!
I once told my Spanish friend that SMU students work DAMN HARD. They, well, WE go back to school on Sundays, do projects till like 3am or even later in school, stay over in library to mug for exams etc. He was horrified about that fact and said that WE ARE CRAZY. Yes, indeed we are. I do agree with him. Another Spanish friend who came to SMU for exchange could not accept what we were doing as well.
So whats up with these people hanging around school on a lovely Sunday when they should be out "exploring" Singapore or maybe go away for the weekend to a nearby country???? Kinda scary, in the past, we dont see much of them in school over the weekend.
My memory has been failing me a lot of times, more than usual.
Forgot about this n that, tsk tsk, need my ginko nut boost.
With the help of my friend of 10 years, Debbie who is working now, I went for my first interview. 2 rounds, 1st round by senior consultants, 2nd by the Director. I would say it went pretty well and I am waiting for their reply. I was analyzing the outcome and came to a conclusion that I will not get the job.
Assuming that they narrowed down the applicants to another candidate and myself and they decide which to pick. Assuming all equal, my performance and my qualifications are similar to the other applicant, they will choose the other base on business reasons. 2 different employees who do not know each other before will compete harder as compared to 2 friends of 10 years who probably will not create any bloodshed while working together. With competition, people will always perform better. So, I guess that will be it. We will see...
If I do not get a job within 5 weeks time, I will contribute to an increase in Singapore's unemployment rate which is around 3% of the whole population.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment