Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Internship is great!

Really an exciting first week for me. I truly appreciates MNC's great culture of integrating every single one of the company into the company. I had a 2 days induction program planned... introducing me to every single one in our department and different job functions. It was indeed a right timing to be in as owe have some celebrations for some stuff hence there are a whole chain of events going on and they do not exclude us, the interns, from it.
I learnt lots about the industry and regulations of course... this is a dark market that disallow any form of ATL advertising and other communications with the consumers... there comes the challenge. I do not consume their products but i start to have the affection for it. Seriously, i doubt i will use it in my whole life, but its just that working day in day out on it, made me really interested in it and wanna make it good.
I am in brand marketing but the company do not just coop me up in my work station. I get to do market visits, get in touch with the distribution channels and see what is going on at the frontline while we work at the management level. I see all our lessons theories coming through, supply chain management, product strategising etc. I am doing some of the strategic planning stuffs and more too... i like what i am doing for now, hope more good will come along! Seriously, i cant ask for more... so blessed to be in this...
I am feeling stress actually because i am expecting a lot from myself for this internship. We will see... =) Not much pics can be posted due to the nature of the business... bah.. but i love them =)
People often says wah... ur company pays well and has great welfare yeah? I learnt that one part is true, shall find out about the other. haha

No comments: